Nowadays web development is the engine of many industries and businesses. Thanks to the latest solutions from developers new services are launched, the old ones are improved and companies get competitive advantages. So, what web development can offer in 2019?
1. AI or Bots
Artificial intelligence (AI) is the intelligence displayed by machines to mimic human intelligence and perform cognitive functions like the ability to learn, collect data, analyze information, understand emotions or solve challenging problems. The need for AI-enabled communication, multi-task automation, and analytics solutions will become more prevalent this year.
As early as now we can see how AI’s chatbots, virtual assistants (like Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri and Microsoft’s Cortana) and voice bots helped businesses engagement and transformed social interaction. Their evolutions empowered the omnichannel for digital customer experience and guaranteed consistency across voice, chat, messaging and websites.
With the help of Machine Learning (ML) development and Artificial Neural Network (ANN) researches and studies, AI might achieve its coveted goals – to successfully simulate genuine human empathy and demonstrate commonsense knowledge.
2. Progressive Web App
Progressive Web Apps (or PWAs) are still a part of 2019 hottest web trends. These modern web applications load like regular web pages or websites but have a high level of functionality. They can load instantly, regardless of the network state and browser choice because they’re built with progressive enhancement, a strategy for web design that emphasizes core webpage content first.
PWA ensures an instant, independence and reliable experience of users without cache issues. It’s safe because it served via HTTP to avert content snooping and data tampering.
On top of that, PWA is user-friendly, installable and hassle-free which enhances the existing web technologies—thanks to its service workers and other built-in features. It can be shared via a URL and can re-engage users with web push notifications.
3. Single Page Application
Why is SPA well liked?
It’s an excellent pick when building responsive websites, support mobile, tablet & desktop apps. Most recent developments on SPA are based on React and Angular frameworks that make it practical and suitable for hybrid apps.
4. Mobile-Friendly Website
Mobile-friendly websites are websites that work well on smartphones. They use touch controls and can fit on small screens for quick navigation. Furthermore, they load fast due to their fantastic features which reduce data entry.
In 2016, Google’s A-Team created its own first mobile-optimized search index. It’s one of Google’s best approaches to give their smartphone visitors the same quality of user experience when delivering search results regardless of the device they’re using.
In search of a reliable and devoted web development partner?Contact us →
Although hardware and user-interface are different between desktops and mobile devices, many companies adopted the strategy to start digital traffic and increase their website marketability. It’s a wise move for the number of mobile phone users in the world. And it is expected to pass the five billion mark by 2019 according to Statistica.com.
5. Motion UI
With a great demand for interactive web design, Motion UI will still be trending this year for its dynamic graphics, amazing animation and real impacts on usability. It showcases the developer’s ability to tell a visual story while communicating to the viewer using a variety of tools and techniques.
6. Blockchain Technology
Thanks to Satoshi Nakamoto, the unknown person who [claimed to be a Japanese] created and developed the bitcoin, we’ve entered the Bitcoin Era. And from it, the Blockchain Technology emerges which heyday is still evident nowadays.
The blockchain is an open and distributed ledger, notorious for its secured design, decentralized consensus, and modified-resistance blocks. It’s designed to lower the financial business cost, reduce the frequency of transaction settlement and improve cash flow backed up by transparent records/data.
As a peer-to-peer network manages it, it has a strict protocol for inter-node communication and new block validation process that earned it the title as the “First and Most Trusted Global Cryptocurrency Company.”
One of the best practices of Coding Dojo workshops is to teach our students on how to create digital certificates using blockchain. This BlockCerts project is made possible with our partnership with MIT. Now, we issue verifiable graduation certificates on the BitCoin blockchain that ensures the valid status.
Ever since data breaches, cyber threats, website hacking, and data theft are the terrible menace that lurks on the darkest shadows of technological advancement and scientific progression, and 2019 will be no exemption. Thus, cybersecurity won’t disappear soon.
Cybersecurity or information technology security (IT security) is the computer protection systems against theft, service disruption or misdirection as well as on hardware, software or electronic data damages.
IT security experts envisage that those cybercriminals won’t stop to look for vulnerabilities and victims. With that in mind, individuals, companies, communities, and industries need to strengthen their security system to protect their private info, servers, and databases. Therefore, tenacious solutions are necessary to battle the cyber challenges of the contemporary world.
The most important attributes of a cybersecurity platform:
- Coverage that includes major threat vectors such as email and web security (38%). Any security researcher will tell you that at least 90% of cyber-attacks emanate from phishing emails, malicious attachments, or weaponized URLs. A cybersecurity platform must apply filters and monitoring to these common threat vectors for blocking malware and providing visibility into anomalous, suspicious, and malicious behaviors.
- Central management across all products and services (33%). In this instance, central management means configuration management and policy management, along with common administration and reporting. Cybersecurity technology platform management provides an aggregated alternative to the current situation where organizations operate endpoint security management, network security management, malware sandboxing management, etc.
- Capabilities across threat prevention, detection, and response (31%). CISOs want their security technologies to block the majority of attacks with detection efficacy in excess of 95%. When attacks circumvent security controls, they want their cybersecurity technology platforms to track anomalous behaviors across the kill chain (or the MITRE ATT&CK framework), provide aggregated alerts that string together all the suspicious breadcrumbs, and provide functions to terminate processes, quarantine systems, or rollback configurations to a known trusted state.
- Coverage that spans endpoints, networks, servers, and cloud-based workloads (27%). This one is sort of self-explanatory. Today’s enterprises feature Balkanized endpoint, network, server, and cloud-workload protection tools don’t talk to each other. Enterprise organizations want tightly integrated tools that span their IT infrastructure and work together as security force multipliers.
- Cloud-based backend services — i.e. analytics, threat intelligence, signature/rules distribution, etc. (26%). Think of the cloud as the backend brains of a cybersecurity technology platform. Cloud-based services will aggregate suspicious behaviors across customers, run these behaviors through advanced and constantly improving machine learning algorithms, track the latest threat intelligence, and provide customized analytics and threat intelligence curation for specific customers, and industries, etc. In this way, all customers benefit from universal and customized services.
- Openness — i.e. open APIs, developer support, ecosystem partners, etc. (22%). Even the best cybersecurity technology platforms won’t offer exhaustive security coverage. Therefore, security platforms must be fitted with APIs for third-party technology integration and developer support. This will also encourage the network effect where cybersecurity technology platform users share development best practices and homegrown software amongst the community.
- A combination of tightly coupled products and services — i.e. products and managed service options offering central command-and-control (20%). Given the global cybersecurity skills shortage, organizations will pick and choose which security technologies they run in-house and which they outsource to managed security service providers. Leading cybersecurity technology platforms will enable seamless interoperability across any product and managed services mix.
- A platform that is offered in multiple deployment options — i.e. on premises, cloud-delivered, hybrid, etc. (18%). Large organizations tend to use hybrid technology deployments, running security appliances at corporate headquarters while opting for cloud-based security proxy services to support remote offices and mobile workers. Cybersecurity technology platforms will offer this hybrid support across all security controls (regardless of form factor) with a central management plane.
As a key factor in the development of modern technologies, web development has repeatedly proved its effectiveness and necessity. Demand creates supply: a sufficiently large number of companies and freelancers are ready to offer their services in web development, but only real professionals and experts come to the top.